North edge of Dunn Woods
Indiana University Campus
Bloomington IN 47405
- Category: Indiana University
- Sub-Category: Attractions & Landmarks
Donated to IU in 1908 and designed by Arthur Foley, the Well House still provides drinking water for thirsty students on their walk across campus. The stone portals of this structure were the portals of the Old College Building dating to 1855. Legend has it a female freshman is not a true coed until she is kissed inside the Well House at the stroke of midnight.