Tuesday, May 18, 2021
90 Dishes & Drinks to Try in Bloomington
With over 200 locally-owned eateries in Bloomington, B-Town is a foodie's dream. It's easy to go back to your tried-and-true favorites whenever you're in town, but there are so many incredible dishes & drinks out there — which is why we put together this list of 90 dishes & drinks to try in Bloomington. Our beloved town offers a little bit of everything: gourmet pizza, authentic Chinese, craft brews, Mediterranean classics, unique burgers, and so much more. Challenge yourself to try as many items on this list as you can — let us know which ones are your favorites in the comments!
Items with a (V) denote vegetarian-friendly dishes — all drinks and sweets are vegetarian-friendly. Use the jump panel list below to cruise from section to section with ease. Download and print out your own checklist to keep track of your progress, or stop by our Visitor's Center to pick up a checklist and peruse our B-Town Store.
1. Mac Daddy Grilled Cheese from The Big Cheeze
Cheddar cheese grilled cheese stuffed with creamy mac & cheese.
2. Signature Brewer's Wings from Big Woods Bloomington
A pound of assorted flats and drummies marinated in Big Woods’ signature chile rub and smoked in-house daily over a hickory wood fire. Served dry-rubbed with your choice of peppercorn ranch, bleu cheese, BBQ sauce, Buffalo sauce, orange soda glaze, or maple bourbon sauce on the side.
3. Sweet Lou Sandwich from BuffaLouie's
Bacon, cheddar cheese, onion ring, and sweet BBQ sauce on your choice of all-beef double patty, grilled chicken, black bean patty, crispy chicken, or Impossible burger.
4. El Jefe Panini Sandwich from Function Brewing
Roast turkey, pineapple, pickled jalapeños, pepper jack cheese, and chipotle aioli on a Telera roll.
5. Double Hinkle with Cheese from Hinkle's Hamburgers
Two smashed beef patties with American cheese.
6. Chicken Pot Pie from Hive
Organic flour & hemp seed crust with carrots, peas, corn, green beans, white cheddar, and roast chicken.
7. Spinach and Black Bean Burrito from Laughing Planet (V)
Organic brown rice, black beans, jack cheese, salsa fresca, and steamed spinach.
8. Chili Dog from Naughty Dog
Chili, cheddar cheese, chopped onions, and yellow mustard on an all-beef dog.
9. Nick’s Submarine and a side of Biz Fries from Nick’s English Hut
Salami, ham, mortadella, capicola, prosciutto, pepperoni, onions, banana peppers, mozzarella, and Nick’s pizza sauce baked on a sub bun + fries tossed in Romano cheese & Nick’s spices with their famous garlic mayonnaise for dipping.
10. Top Butt Steak from the Office Lounge
Top butt steak with your choice of potato, salad, or Texas toast.
11. Cougar Dog from The Orbit Room (V)
Vegan chili, flat-top cheese curds, and horseradish aioli on your choice of an all-beef dog or a vegan frankfurter dog.
12. Ranch Chicken Wrap from The Owlery (V)
Fried tofu "chicken," romaine lettuce, diced tomato, ranch dressing, flour tortilla, and your choice of fries, side salad, coleslaw, sweet potato fries, or vegan mac & cheese.
13. Catfish Dinner from The Port Hole Inn
Two- or three-piece entree of your choice of filet or fiddler. Served with your choice of two sides: fries, onion rings, green beans, baked potato, hushpuppies, cottage cheese, applesauce, side salad, or coleslaw.
14. Dixie Two-Step Combo Tray from SmokeWorks
Choose two: pork, sausages, pulled chicken, or brisket. Served with a piece of cornbread and your choice of two sides: mac & cheese, green beans, baked beans, coleslaw, potato salad, cowboy caviar, loaded mashed potatoes, french fries, corn on the cob, or BBQ kettle chips.
15. Chicken Salad and a Kahlua Cupcake from Underground Bakery
Roasted chicken breast mixed with mayo, apples, celery, and walnuts, topped with mixed greens and mayo, served on a croissant + chocolate cake with Kahlua, chocolate with Heath Bar crunch in the middle as filling, topped with Kahlua whip cream.
16. Fish Tacos from Windjammer at Fourwinds
Three flour tortillas filled with breaded Alaskan cod, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro corn relish, topped with remoulade. Served with coleslaw.
17. Fried Dorito Smashburger from Yogi's
Two burger patties smash-grilled with Cool Ranch Dorito mozzarella cheese in between, topped with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and Cajun ranch. Served with house-made chips.
18. Mo-Mos from Anyetsang's Little Tibet
Tibetan dumplings stuffed with seasoned ground beef and yellow onion. Served with soy sauce and house hot sauce.
19. Yellow Curry with Special Chicken from Blooming Thai
Sweet yellow coconut cream curry with white onion, carrot, potatoes, and chicken.
20. Pho from Burma Garden
Rice noodles in broth with green onion and black pepper. Served with cilantro, beansprouts, red onion, and a lemon wedge.
21. Kimchi Pancake from Do Asian Fusion (V)
Korean-style pancake with kimchi vegetables.
22. King Kani Roll from Homie Hot Pot
Spicy crab and shrimp tempura inside with crab, spicy mayo, eel sauce, and tempura flake on top.
23. Yaki Udon from Korea Restaurant (V)
Stir-fried udon noodles with vegetables and your choice of beef, tofu, pork, chicken, shrimp, kimchi, cheese, rice cake, or dumpling.
24. Brisket Beef Hand-Pulled Ramen from Lan Ramen & Aqua Tea
Hand-pulled ramen noodles in broth with brisket, bok choy, cilantro, and green onions.
25. Korean Full Dinner with Ribeye Beef from Mama’s Korean Restaurant
Thin-sliced ribeye beef marinated in special sauce served with a soybean paste soup.
26. Drunken Man Fried Rice from My Thai (V)
Stir-fried rice with egg, tomatoes, white onions, red & green bell peppers, garlic, and Thai basil.
27. Original Hot Pot from Red Restaurant (V)
Cabbage, mushrooms, seaweed, and dried beancurd.
28. Bibimbap from Restaurant Ami (V)
Rice bowl with cooked vegetables and your choice of spicy pork, spicy squid, or tofu.
29. Pad Thai Noodle from Siam House (V)
Cooked with homemade tamarind sauce. Served with bean sprouts, green onions, egg, peanuts, and your choice of chicken, beef, pork, tofu, vegetables, shrimp, calamari, or mixed seafood.
30. Lunch Buffet from Taste of India
Rotating selection of Indian fare served every day from 11:00 am-3:00 pm.
31. Lotsa Lox Bagel Sandwich from Bloomington Bagel Company
Cream cheese, Nova lox, sliced tomato, onions, and capers on your choice of bagel.
32. Hoosier Haystack from Btown Diner
Biscuit, gravy, and eggs served with hash browns or grits and toast or biscuit.
33. Vegetable Skillet from Cozy Table (V)
Jack cheese, onions, peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, and eggs.
34. Broken Yolk Sandwich from The Inkwell (V)
Two runny eggs, cheddar cheese, and sriracha mayo on sourdough or a house-made English muffin.
35. Breakfast BLT from Nat's Bakery & Cafe
Two fried eggs added to the classic BLT. Made on your choice of whole wheat or sourdough toast, served with a side of hash browns.
36. Veggie Bennie from Runcible Spoon (V)
Two eggs, spinach, tomato, cheese, and Hollandaise sauce on an English muffin.
37. Sunday Brunch from The Tudor Room
A sumptuous brunch buffet served from 10:30 am-1:30 pm.
38. Crème Brûlée French Toast from Uptown Cafe (V)
Flaky croissant baked atop a rich vanilla-almond custard.
39. Paxton's Potatoes from Village Deli
Home fries topped with grated cheddar cheese, house-made sausage gravy, and fresh chives.
40. The Willie B & G from Wee Willie's
Your choice of 1/2, one, or two huge biscuits with scratch-made sausage gravy.
41. Chili-Cheese Etouffee with Crawfish from Dat’s Cajun Creole Cafe
Crawfish and fresh vegetables in a creamy light roux with a delicate blend of secret spices.
42. Shrimp and Grits from Southern Stone
A Cajun cream sauce with sautéed onions, peppers, shrimp, and andouille sausage, served over gouda grits.
43. Jerk Chicken Samplah from Top Shotta Jerk Chicken Food Truck
Half of a chicken, two Jerk chicken tacos, and a slice of potato bread with one spicy and one non-spicy Jerk sauce.
44. Original Milk Tea with Boba from Bapu Teahouse
Black tea, condensed milk, and honey with tapioca pearls.
45. Hairy Bear from Bear’s Place
Bear's Place's take on a Long Island iced tea.
46. Blueberry Obsession from Butler Winery
Port-style blueberry wine with grape brandy added. Made with Indiana-grown blueberries.
47. Bramble Mule or Maui Mule Canned Cocktail from Cardinal Spirits
Bramble Mule: Made with vodka, real raspberry juice, hibiscus, and ginger. Maui Mule: Made with vodka, real passion fruit juice, and ginger.
48. Cobra Verde from Hopscotch Coffee
Fizzy, gingery soda made with extract of unroasted green coffee beans and citrus, served over ice.
49. Peach Pie Wine from Oliver Winery
This sweet white wine with a crisp apple base features notes of juicy, sweet peaches and buttery crust, with a creamy vanilla ‘a la mode’ finish.
50. Bloody Mary from Scenic View
Made with Scenic View's Signature Spicy Bloody Mary Mix, garnished with lime, season salt, and a veggie skewer.
51. Dr. D's Tonic from Soma Coffee House & Juice Bar
Fresh-squeezed organic lemon and ginger, local Hunter's wildflower honey, and hot or sparkling water.
52. Lavender Blonde from Switchyard Brewing Company
A light-bodied beer with culinary-grade French lavender flowers and a light caramel malt.
53. Filet Sliders from C3
Two beef filet sliders served with horseradish cream and crispy onion on a brioche bun.
54. Seared Rare Tuna from Malibu Grill
Yellowfin tuna, Asian slaw, seaweed salad, sriracha, and Chinoy sauce.
55. Wagyu Steak'n Egg from Village Pub
Wagyu steak and a fried egg with wild arugula, chimichurri, and fried onions. Served with your choice of brussels sprouts or wedge fries.
56. Spaghetti & Meatballs from DeAngelo's
Hand-rolled meatballs served over spaghetti with a rustic marinara sauce.
57. Wild Mushroom Tortellini from Grazie Italiano (V)
Sweet peppers, roasted mushrooms, homemade alfredo, and mozzarella.
58. Meatballs Bucharest from Janko's Little Zagreb
Spicy meatballs with tomatoes, green pepper, and Janko's secret spices.
59. Lasagna from Osteria Rago
Beef, pork, five cheeses, and organic tomato sauce.
60. Baba Ganouj from Samira Restaurant (V)
Tangy eggplant spread with garlic, lemon, and tahini.
61. Gyro from Trojan Horse
A blend of savory lamb, beef, and spices sliced very thin and topped off with tomatoes, onions, and house-made tzaziki sauce.
62. Supreme Pide from Turkuaz Cafe
Turkish flatbread baked with chicken, mushrooms, red peppers, and cheese, served with a cup of red lentil soup and a small salad.
63. Tamale Feast from Feast Market and Cellar (V)
Tamale, pepita salad, black bean salad, tomatillo salsa, and rocket sauce.
64. Coctel De Camaron from Juannita's Restaurant
Tiger shrimp dipped in a unique tomato sauce, topped with onion, cilantro, and crackers.
65. Despacito Cantina Bowl from Social Cantina
Citrus-marinated pork, salsa verde, tomatillo crema, cabbage, pico de gallo, fresh cilantro, and cilantro lime rice.
66. Cream & Crimson Pizza from Aver’s
Alfredo sauce, mozzarella, oven-roasted red potatoes seasoned with fresh garlic and dill, bacon, cheddar, and creamy gorgonzola cheese.
67. Sweet Lil' Razorback Pizza from Bucceto's Smiling Teeth
Pepperoni, smoked sausage, and bacon with basil and garlic.
68. Stromboli from Cafe Pizzaria
House-made pizza sauce over a layer of seasoned sausage, mozzarella cheese, and onion, baked on a 10-inch loaf of Italian bread.
69. Veggie Stromboli from Lennie's (V)
Artichoke hearts, spinach, mushrooms, and tomato with Romano, provolone, and mozzarella cheeses.
70. Spinoccoli Pizza and a House Salad from Mother Bear's Pizza (V)
Parmesan-garlic white sauce topped with fresh broccoli, fresh spinach, aged cheddar, and a Mozzarella blend + greens, fresh tomatoes, and red onions, sprinkled with cheese and goldfish, served with your choice of ranch, J.R.'s Super Bleu, parmesan peppercorn, honey mustard, light Italian, Catalina, Caesar, or balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
71. The Hendrix from Rockit’s Pizza
Sausage, pepperoni, bacon, ham, and Italian sausage.
72. Leave No Trace from Trailhead Pizzeria
Alfredo sauce, shredded mozzarella, shredded cheddar, chicken, fresh oregano, caramelized onion, mushrooms, and Mike’s Hot Honey drizzle.
73. Champion Cheese Stix from Crazy Horse (V)
Hand-cut, beer-battered mozzarella cheese sticks served with marina sauce.
74. FarmFamous Garlic Fries from FARM Bloomington (V)
Fries topped with parmesan, chili flakes, lemon zest, parsley, and garlic, served with turmeric aioli.
75. Blarney Puff Balls and a Full-Yard of Guinness from the Irish Lion (V)
Deep-fried potato balls made with a cheese and garlic mixture, served with sour cream + 1.4 liters of Guinness.
76. Kilroy's Famous Breadsticks from Kilroy's on Kirkwood
Mozzarella, provolone, and pepperoni-stuffed breadsticks, lightly brushed with melted butter. Served with spicy, sweet marinara and cheese sauce.
77. Cheesestix from Pizza X (V)
Layers of mozzarella infused with fontina. Served with your choice of ranch, nacho cheese, pizza sauce, buffalo sauce, alfredo, mojo, salsa, barbeque, pesto, sausage gravy, or garlic sauce.
78. Tap Tots from The Tap
House-seasoned tater tots smothered in signature beer cheese and topped with bacon, fresh diced jalapeños, and red onions. Served with a side of sour cream and pickled jalapeños.
79. Upland Nachos and a Pint of Dragonfly IPA from Upland Brewing Company (V)
Blue corn chips, mozzarella & cheddar jack, fresh jalapeños, tomatoes, black beans, and tomato-jalapeño salsa + a well-balanced, malty beer with the crisp taste of hops and a floral nose.
80. Munchie Special from Baked! Of Bloomington
Six custom cookies, up to two varieties, with two cartons of milk. Choose your own dough, mix-ins, and after-bakes.
81. Fleur de Sel Chocolate from Blu Boy Chocolate Cafe & Cakery
A house-made chewy butter caramel dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with flakes of French Fleur de Sel (sea salt) from the Camargue.
82. Salted Caramel Gelato or Lilikoi Sorbetto from Brilliant Coffee Co.
Velvety salted caramel gelato or silky Hawaiian passion fruit sorbetto.
83. Grasshopper Ice Cream from The Chocolate Moose
Homemade mint-Oreo ice cream.
84. Peanut Butter Pie from Cloverleaf
Homemade peanut butter pie.
85. Java Chip Ice Cream from Hartzell’s Ice Cream
Homemade coffee ice cream with chocolate pieces.
86. O.G. Acai Bowl from inBloom Juicery
Base of blended acai, banana, strawberry, and inBloom almond milk topped with fresh banana, strawberries, blueberries, granola, and honey.
87. Banana Bread from Needmore Coffee Roasters
Homemade, vegan, and gluten-free mini-loaves of banana bread.
88. Oatmeal Cream Pie from Rainbow Bakery
Homemade, vegan, and gluten-free oatmeal cookies stuffed with a decadent homemade cream filling.
89. Mango Chili Lime Pop from Rasta Pops
Fresh-blended mango, chili powder, and lime frozen into a popsicle.
90. Honey Caramel Pecan Bar from Two Sticks Bakery
Caramel- and honey-infused blondies topped with whole pecans.
Vegan, Vegetarian & Gluten-Free Restaurants
Vegan, Vegetarian & Gluten-Free Restaurants
Eating out with dietary restrictions and food allergies can be difficult, but in Bloomington, it doesn't have to be.
No Passport Required
No Passport Required
Experience cuisine from around the world right here in Bloomington.