Wednesday, October 16, 2013
A New Approach to IU Homecoming in 2013
Categories: Indiana University
If you have not made plans to come back for IU Homecoming (October 31-November 2, 2013), make sure to do so as you will experience a wonderful weekend of great programming and events. In addition, after a year-long research project to retool and improve our approach to Homecoming, you will see a new branded look that will be used consistently throughout campus and the Bloomington community. This new look will help easily identify IU's Homecoming Weekend to visitors and alumni for years to come.
- The return of the Homecoming Parade on Friday, November 1. The route will run from 4th and Lincoln near downtown, up Kirkwood towards the Sample Gates and Indiana Avenue. The parade starts at 6 pm with a pep rally presented by IU Athletics afterwards at the Sample Gates.
- DeVault Open House on Friday, November 1, will be an opportunity for visitors to check out the beautiful home of the IU Alumni Association, receive a free gift and enjoy some amazing treats from Sugar & Spice.
- Classes Without Quizzes gives alumni a chance to revisit their favorite classes and/or professors by sitting in an actual class. This could serve as a potential recruiting tool for future Hoosiers by bringing them to a classroom setting to see how things take place here at IU. Registration is FREE and available through the IU Alumni Association website.
- Alumni Leaders Recognition will take place during Homecoming Weekend. Stay tuned for more details from Jen Goins and the Alumni Relations team!
- Hoosier Village starts up at 12:30pm on Saturday, November 2. Enjoy amazing food from some of Bloomington's favorite restaurants, great music, appearances from the Marching 100 and IU Cheerleaders, Kids Zone, beer garden and more! Then, head into Memorial Stadium at 3:30 to cheer on the Hoosiers!.
There is a lot to look forward to this year and we are excited to have you back in B-town in early November. Feel free to contact the IU Alumni Association with any questions you may have. Welcome home. GO IU!
Special thanks to our guest blogger, Mike Mann. Mike is an Alumni Program Officer with the Indiana University Alumni Association who received his BS from IU in 1991. His Twitter profile bio describes him as an "IU Spirit Guide/Fan/Alum, Dad, Husband, Sun, Runner/Excerciser, Reader, Foodie, Beer drinker, Wine lover, Traveler, Lover of Social Media, Smart Ass, Good Guy." Give him a follow there - he's known as @btownmann.