Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Indiana Artisan Marketplace Features Local Artisans, March 31-April 1
Categories: Arts & Culture
If you appreciate fine art and specialty foods and would like to support local artists, don't miss the Indiana Artisan Marketplace on March 31 and April 1 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. We're proud to announce that 11 artisans from our county will be exhibiting at the Marketplace, the state's premier art and food experience.
Indiana Artisan recognizes the highest level of Indiana craftsmanship and includes everything from fine chocolates and handmade soaps to specialty jewelry and stoneware pottery. Artists from our county have had their work recognized as exceptional by Indiana Artisan.
Whether you're a transplant to Central Indiana looking to reconnect with artists from home or an art enthusiast willing to travel to support our artisans, you'll want to visit the Marketplace for an experience unlike any other. Browse one-of-a-kind artwork while enjoying Indiana music, watching art demonstrations, and tasting the craft foods and wines. You'll also have the rare opportunity to meet artisans from our town and around the state and hear their incredible stories.
Artisans from our county exhibiting at the Marketplace include:
- Jan Arbogast, Bloomington, pottery, http://localclay.net/indartistspages/arbogast_jan.htm
- John Bower, Bloomington, photography, www.studioindiana.com
- Kris Busch, Heltonville, pottery, www.functionalceramics.com
- Jim Butler, Bloomington, wine, www.butlerwinery.com
- Marla Dawson, Ellettsville, fiber art, www.weavingbymarla.com
- Suzanne Halvorson, Bloomington, fiber art/scarves
- Thomas Harris, Bloomington, ceramics/pottery, www.clayoh.com
- Carolyn and Don Madvig, Bloomington, paper/found material notecards, www.sleepingdogsstudio.net
- Marcy Neiditz, Bloomington, pottery, www.marcyneiditz.com
- Cappi Phillips, Bloomington, mixed media mosaic sculpture, www.moesache.com
- Sheryl Woodhouse-Keese, Bloomington, handmade papers, www.twistedlimbpaper.com
Dates: Saturday, March 31, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. EDT
Sunday, April 1, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. EDT
Location: Indiana State Fairgrounds
Admission: $10 (children 15 and under free)