Thursday, January 29, 2009
PRIDE FILM FESTIVAL is HERE!
Categories: B-town's Rainbow Flavor
PRIDE Film Festival at the Buskirk-Chumley Theater
January 29-31, 2009
BLOOMINGTON, IN —The PRIDE Film Festival is a cinematic celebration of the gay, lesbian, bi-sexual and transgendered community in Bloomington, IN. A program of the Buskirk-Chumley Theater, a historic downtown movie palace, the Festival features over 20 films from all over the world – shorts and features, animation, documentaries, comedy, and drama. Social gatherings and dance parties abound at different restaurants and bars nearby, while other community organizations are involved from start to finish. Founded in 2004, PRIDE films are chosen by an all volunteer Steering Committee, and dedicated individuals create a welcoming, carnival atmosphere throughout the weekend, making it truly "Your Claim to Flame!" For ticket pricing, schedule, and updates, please visit http://pridefilmfestival.org .
In 2009, the 6th Annual PRIDE Film Festival is part of the Indiana University GLBT Alumni Association's Homecoming Weekend, and is sponsored in part by the Bloomington Convention & Visitors Bureau's "Visit Gay Bloomington" initiative. Other highlights this year include:
- Particularly diverse film programming, focusing on films from around the world
- A special free screening and community discussion of the film "Gay? So What!" by Jean Baptiste Erreca on Saturday afternoon examining the questions of integration, assimilation, and a "post gay" world
- IU GLBTAA sponsors the "Alumni Lounge" in the balcony during the Saturday night Closing Party, with drinks, appetizers and a special Chocolate Bar by BLU Boy Chocolates
- Closing Night Party, Sat, Jan 31st - Erotic Attire Encouraged
Affiliated Events Around Town:
- The Kinsey Institute's Gallery exhibit: Pre-Revolutionary Queer: Gay Art and Culture Before Stonewall, October 24, 2008 - February 14, 2009.
See www.kinseyinstitute.org for more information