Tuesday, April 8, 2014
What's on Your B-town Bucket List?
We're about one month away from Indiana University's graduation weekend...
and that means there are thousands of Hoosiers getting ready to graduate and leave Bloomington to begin exciting new adventures. We wish them well and hope to see them back to visit at some point, but in the meantime we've put together a list of classic only-in-Bloomington, off-campus experiences every student should be sure to have before graduation day.
Here are thirty things to add to your B-town Bucket List:
- See a local play by Cardinal Stage Co. or the BPP
- Enjoy some live music at The Bluebird
- Eat a steak at Janko's Little Zagreb
- Spend an afternoon looking for eagles at Lake Monroe
- Climb the Hickory Ridge Fire Tower (bring a camera)
- Visit the Butler Winery Vineyard location
- Walk the entire B-Line Trail
- Watch the sunset with friends from the Upland Patio
- Visit WonderLab
- Hike back to the waterfall at Cascades Park
- Go rock climbing at Hoosier Heights
- Eat a picnic in a local park
- Ice cream at the Chocolate Moose
- Take in a show at the Comedy Attic
- Participate in Downtown Gallery Walk at least once
- Eat at Hinkle's Hamburgers
- Take a selfie with Herman (and one with Hoagy, too)
- Walk the trail at Leonard Springs Nature Park
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Go to at least one restaurant on 4th Street
- Play pool or darts at the Vid
- Hike out to Steppe Cemetery in Morgan-Monroe State Forest
- Spin the prayer wheels at the Tibetan Mongolian Buddhist Cultural Center
- Dessert with drinks at Oliver Winery Downtown
- Actually go inside the Monroe County Courthouse - look up
- Attend Farmers' Market at least once
- Visit the Monroe County History Center
- Go hiking or canoeing at Lake Griffy
- Discover the Little Africa Wildlife Area a Lake Lemon...
- ...and have lunch at the Porthole Inn
- Spend the afternoon on Lake Monroe (ON, not at)
For extra credit, venture beyond Bloomington proper to explore a few our neighboring communities. Here are five day trips we highly recommend:
- Visit the Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum in nearby Solsberry
- Explore Bluespring Caverns, Spring Mill's Pioneer Village and learn about Gus Grissom in Lawrence County
- Drive over to Nashville and visit Brown County State Park (and do some shopping!)
- Go to the Art Sanctuary (and Candy Kitchen) in nearby Martinsville
- Venture as far as Columbus to visit Zaharako's and relax in Mill Race Park
Before you leave town, give us a follow on your social media platform of choice and sign up to receive our monthly emails so you can stay in the know about all the great things happening here in Bloomington. That way, you'll know exactly when to get started on planning your first Alumni visit back to B-town - and you can do that right here at www.visitbloomington.com!
Are there things you'd add to our B-town Bucket List? Leave us a comment!