Bald Eagle Driving Tour
Bald Eagle Driving Tour at Monroe Lake
12:30 to 3 p.m.: Registration and Warming Center OPEN
Paynetown Activity Center, located inside Paynetown SRA (4850 S. State Road 446, Bloomington) next to the swimming beach.
• EVERYONE must check in here – both advance and walk-up registrants!
• Pick up your driving tour map and event badges (required)!
• Enjoy complimentary hot cocoa or tea and cookies. We encourage you to bring your own travel mug so you can take a warm drink on the road (and be enviro-friendly)!
• Grab a bird check-list, lake maps, and other brochures/info.
• Eagle crafts available to make.
1 to 3 p.m.: Bald Eagle Driving Tour OPEN
• This is a SELF-GUIDED driving tour; you must provide your own transportation!
• Tour maps must be picked up at the Paynetown Activity Center. All registrants will also receive an event badge, which must be worn in a visible location when visiting a tour stop.
• You may visit tour stops in any order; they will all be staffed for the entire 2-hour period.
• Tour includes six viewing locations along the lake shoreline, each one staffed with experienced birders. Birders will have spotting scopes set up for you to look through and binoculars available for you to use.
• Bonus stop: LIVE RAPTORS! Hardy Lake will have several of their live birds of prey for you to see up close – including a bald eagle. The easiest way to guarantee that you see an eagle!
ADVANCE REGISTRATION AVAILABLE THRU JANUARY 24
$5 for Adults, $3 for Children (17 and under)
Purchase Monday thru Friday, between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m…
…over the phone (credit/debit card only) at 812-837-9546.
…in person at the Monroe Lake office, 4850 S. State Road 446, Bloomington.
WALK-UP REGISTRATION AVAILABLE ON JANUARY 26
$7 for Adults, $4 for Children (17 and under)
*** The Fourwinds Lakeside Inn, located inside Fairfax SRA at Monroe Lake, is offering a special lodging rate of $69/night for a lake view room for event attendees, rate valid for the nights of Jan. 25 and 26. To get the rate, you must reserve your room by Jan. 19 at 812-824-2628 and tell them you are coming for the eagle tour.
If you stay at the Fourwinds Lakeside Inn on Jan. 25 or 26, show your hotel receipt or confirmation at walk-up registration for the Bald Eagle Driving Tour and get “buy one get one FREE” pricing (offer not valid for advance registrations). ***