Dr. Wrasse Memorial Bike 4 Fitness
- August 7, 2021
- Switchyard Park
- 1601 S. Rogers Street, Bloomington, IN 47403
- 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
- Adults $25, Kids 6 & up $10, Kids 5 & under free. All admission fees go to Riley Children's Foundation.
Dr. John Wrasse was a beloved pediatrician who practiced at IU Health Riley Physicians in Bloomington before his unexpected passing in February 2021. This event has been established to realize Dr. John Wrasse’s long held dream of a community event to promote fitness and bike safety, benefiting local children. Dr. Wrasse was a lifelong cyclist and tireless advocate of cycling for fitness and fun. He was a stickler for insisting on proper helmet use and bike safety among his patient families. Dr. Wrasse passed away quite suddenly from unknown heart disease.
There are four goals for the Bike 4 Fitness:
1) Honor the memory of Dr. Wrasse and increase awareness about the IU School of Medicine John D. Wrasse Memorial Scholarship Endowment.
2) Encourage family fitness and fun while promoting bike safety and the use of helmets.
3) Raise funds for the Riley Kids Fund - Bloomington to be used locally.
4) Increase awareness about heart health.
This year’s Dr. Wrasse Bike 4 Fitness will feature a two mile loop around Bloomington’s new Switchyard Park. We plan to expand the ride to offer longer routes in the future. Non-cyclists are welcome to walk the loop.
In addition to the bike ride, this year’s event will include a celebration of Dr. Wrasse’s life in the Switchyard Park Pavilion. Pavilion activities will include live music by Anna Wrasse and a slide show of Dr. Wrasse’s life. Snacks will be provided.