Ghostly Gathering returns to Paynetown SRA, Oct. 22-24
Monroe Lake’s popular Halloween special event, Ghostly Gathering, returns to Paynetown State Recreation Area (4850 S. State Road 446, Bloomington) this year on October 22-24.
All event activities are open to both campers and day visitors and do not require any advance signup; however, craft activities are "while supplies last." Program details are available at http://bit.ly/ghostlygathering2021.
Friday, October 22
• Roving Naturalist: Spooky(?) Spiders from 2 to 4 p.m.
• Ghostly Games and Challenges from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
• Halloween History and Folktales at 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 23
• Pumpkin Painting from 9:30 to 11 a.m., $3/pumpkin (cash only).
• Creepy, Crawly Crafts from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
• Paper Halloween Masks from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
• Trick-or-Treating from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• Campsite Decorating Contest Judging from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• Ghosts of Indiana State Parks at 8:00 p.m.
Sunday, October 24
• Roll-a-Frankenstein from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
• Walk the Spider’s Web from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
Those interested in reserving a campsite for the weekend can do so at camp.in.gov. Electric sites are already full but non-electric and tent sites are still available.
The Daily Entrance Fee for Paynetown SRA is $7 per vehicle with Indiana license plates ($9 per vehicle with out-of-state plates). Indiana State Parks Annual Entrance Permits are also accepted.
Questions about Ghostly Gathering programming should be directed to Jill Vance, Monroe Lake’s interpretive naturalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-837-9967.