Visit Bloomington in Bloomington, Indiana is currently accepting resumes for the following position:
Convention Sales Manager
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITY:
This position is responsible for promoting and selling the Monroe County area as a destination for convention, conference and meeting events that generate visitor spending on overnight hotel rooms and other related tourism activities.
• Solicit convention, conference and meeting events that can take place in Monroe County.
• Daily prospecting, personal sales calls and weekly travel are required. Should expect to be on the road 5-10 nights per month in target markets ranging from Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Chicago, Louisville and beyond.
• Develop relationships with the organizers of meeting events.
• Develop relationships and partner with Monroe County meeting venues, associations and event producers.
• Develop cooperative programs, familiarization trips, and sales missions with area hotels and hospitality industry to market the area.
• Develop promotional sales materials for convention marketing.
• Promote the destination by participating in major industry trade shows and conferences for convention sales.
• Be a primary voice and steward of Visit Bloomington’s destination brand and both communicate and strengthen the brand with all efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree in tourism or related business area from an accredited college or university.
• Possess two years of full time professional sales experience.
• Knowledge of tourism group sales activities is a plus.
• Ability to prepare sales proposals, news releases and promotional copy.
• Ability to work odd hours (including weekends) traveling for sales activities as well as occasionally at tourism events held in Monroe County.
• Demonstrate good judgment, decisiveness, work quality, teamwork, initiative, adaptability and communication skills at all times.
Salary is negotiable. This is a full time position with an excellent benefits package.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume by 5:00 PM EST on May 26, 2017 to: