Visit Bloomington in Bloomington, Indiana is currently accepting resumes for the following position:
Primary Job Responsibility:
Curate, optimize, and execute Visit Bloomington’s digital and traditional content, promotional messages and distribution methods, with an emphasis on maximizing social media efforts.
- Ensure Visit Bloomington content (focus on digital) is up to date, compelling and relaying effective promotional messages by constantly researching, developing, testing, and implementing new tactics.
- Serve as a primary contact with Visit Bloomington’s website development supplier maintaining that relationship.
- Work with each Visit Bloomington department to create and execute digital content and e-marketing efforts across every digital channel, including e-newsletters, micro-sites, and other electronic distribution outlets.
- Work with each Visit Bloomington department to coordinate, organize and strategize social media presence to engage audiences on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other platforms, including daily postings and innovative content development.
- Monitor and track digital discussion topics and visitor feedback on various platforms, responding in a timely manner to user needs and requests.
- Solicit, organize, write, and create Visit Bloomington blog postings, including guest blogs from partners.
- Collaborate with tourism partners, clients, and local organizations on their website content and social media efforts.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with tourism social influencers, building an industry leadership role, both online and offline.
- Work with Tourism Director to prepare website and social media tracking reports at end of each month.
- Be a primary voice and expert of Visit Bloomington’s destination brand voice and storytelling; growing and strengthening the brand with all efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism or related business area from an accredited college or university.
- Possess two years of full-time professional experience in tourism or communications/marketing/business preferred.
- Proven track record of creating inspiring content and storytelling.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, and meet project deadlines.
- Professional user experience and in-depth, passionate knowledge of social media marketing channels, digital trends, concepts, and analytics that support various platforms.
- Remain aware and up to date on key tourism industry trends and cultural references in order to be an industry influence both online and offline.
- Knowledge of web application development a plus.
- Ability to write effective promotional copy.
- Ability to occasionally work odd hours (including weekends) at Visit Bloomington events.
- Demonstrate good judgment, decisiveness, work quality, teamwork, collaboration, positive attitude, initiative, adaptability, and communication skills at all times.
Salary commensurate with experience plus free health insurance, 401(k), and a full benefits package.
Please e-mail a cover letter and resume by 5:00 PM ET Thursday, October 4, 2018, to: