Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Valentine's Day in Bloomington
There’s lots of love going on in February. To help with your Valentine’s Day plans we’ve rounded up all things love for you: gift ideas, events, restaurant specials, and more. Celebrate with your sweetie, friends, or just have an epic #treatyoself day.
We'll continue to update the post with specials and events as they are added to the calendar.
Unique Valentine Gift Ideas
- Chocolate truffle gift box from Blu Boy Chocolate Cafe & Cakery
- One of a kind art from locally owned businesses like By Hand Gallery and The Venue Fine Arts & Gifts
- New vinyl for your honey from Landlocked Music
- Global Gifts is always a gift go-to. Check out their curated Valentine's Day Gifts here.
- Snazzy tie from Andrew Davis
- For all things cozy in the outdoors head to JL Waters & Co.
- High-end leather luggage or wallet from Briar and Burley
- Designer denim or jewels from the Blond Genius Denim Bar. In honor of Galentine's Day, they'll be serving chocolate-covered strawberries and rosé wine while you shop and offering 20% off your favorite item. Score.
Valentine’s Day Restaurant Specials
- Heart-shaped sugar cookies and the Red Hottie, a spicy mocha, at Soma Coffeehouses
- Heart-shaped bagels at Bloomington Bagel Company
- Heart-shaped pizza at Mother Bears
- Heart-shaped margherita and pepperoni pizzas at King Dough
- Dessert Duo & Cocktail Pairing at Cardinal Spirits (February 9-14)
- Conversation hearts at Rainbow Bakery. Sweetheart cupcake boxes will also be available for pre-order.
- BOGO deal for couples at the Chocolate Moose.
Restaurants with Special Menus
Call to make reservations
- C3 - special four-course prix-fixe menu. Check their website on February 1 for the menu.
- Cardinal Spirits - 5 courses with optional cocktail pairings. Get the full menu here.
- The Irish Lion - 3 courses with complimentary glass of Kir Royale
Valentine’s Day Date Ideas
- Breakfast with your sweetie at Village Deli
- Afternoon Tea at Cup & Kettle - This ticketed event includes handmade mug by Rebecca Lowery, local ceramicist, and sweet treats from Macaron & Co. and Peacetree Mountain Truffles. Buy tickets here.
- Explore one of the current exhibits at the Grunwald Gallery, Mathers Museum, IU Archives or Lilly Library
- Wine tastings at Oliver Winery or Butler Winery
- Tour & Taste Sour Beers at Upland Brewing Company's Wood Shop
- Share a banana split at Hartzell's Ice Cream
- Cocktails with your love or with your Galentines at Trojan Horse, Lennie’s, Uptown Café, Cardinal Spirits, or Crazy Horse. For more Galentine’s Day ideas, check out our blog.
Planning to Propose?
Valentine's Day Events
- Bodies of Light Winter Dance Concert, Lee Norvelle Theatre & Drama Center,
Sex with Strangers, Ivy Tech John Waldron Arts Center, February 10-24
Use promo code VALENTINE to BOGO Sex With Strangers tickets*
Good for performance on Feb 14 at 7:30 pm
*Good for tickets of equal value.
Lil BUB Meet & Greet, Lil BUB's Lil Shop, February 11
We'll be hosting our last meet and greet on Sunday, February 11th. It's the LOVE BUB Meet & Greet Fundraiser, and the event is limited to 100 tickets, which can be purchased at http://bit.ly/LOVEBUB . Tickets are $50, and as always 100% of the proceeds will benefit homeless pets. Your LOVE BUB Ticket includes:
Entrance for one adult and one child under the age of 12
Kissing and petting BUB!
A selfie photo with BUB
A Signed Limited Edition "Design Your Own" Lil BUB Valentine Card and Sticker Set
50% off Storewide!
100% of Proceeds benefit Lil BUB's Big FUND for special needs pets
Singin’ in the Rain, Buskirk-Chumley Theater, February 14
IU Men's Basketball vs Illinois, Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall, February 14
Gin Blossoms, Buskirk-Chumley Theater, February 16
After Dark: Chocolate, Wonderlab Museum, February 17