How long has it been since you cheered for the Hoosiers at a game? Or admired the flowers on campus? Or sank the biz at Nick’s? Too long. You don’t need a special reason to come back to Bloomington, it’s a homecoming any time you get back. Revisit your favorite haunts and create some new traditions while you’re at it. Plan a trip around one of the big events on campus or one of the major annual events that you might have missed as a student. We’ve pulled together some ideas to help you get started. Come back to Bloomington, home is right where you left it.
All the familiar haunts are still here, but we're guessing you'll discover some new favorites too. This college town is always growing, so there are new restaurants to try, shows to see and adventures to have. Here are a few popular new spots to check out the next time you're in town:
- Cardinal Spirits: Bloomington's first distillery, located on the beautiful B-Line Trail across from...
- Hopscotch Coffee: A coffee shop that roasts its own beans
- Quaff ON! Bloomington taproom operated by Big Woods Brewing Co. of Nashville, IN
- Function Brewing: a new brewery with a rotating selection of craft beers
- C3: small-plate bistro with hand-crafted cocktails
- Atlas Ballroom: local hip bar that's a favorite hangout for grad students
- The Back Door: gay bar and dance club with live performances and parties
- Rainbow Bakery: a vegan bakery with a vintage vibe and lots of gluten-free treats
- IndiGo Birding Nature Tours: guided tours of nature areas around Monroe County
- Downtown Bus Transit Center: getting around Bloomington has never been easier
- Hyatt Place: a new downtown hotel featuring public art and Hoosier flare
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott: a new hotel downtown that's spacious and modern
Plan Your Trip
This site has everything you need to plan your trip to Bloomington. You can scout out the familiar campus landmarks, find lodging options and look for a show on our events calendar, and get trip ideas and tips from our blog.
It's ok to miss Bloomington after you've graduated and moved away. We miss you, too! Stay connected with Bloomington by signing up for our e-newsletter. You'll get monthly event listings and special promotions.
Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for even more happenings at your alma mater, including occasional ticket giveaways for arts and athletic events. And we love to show off all that Bloomington and IU have to brag about on our Instagram feed. Follow us @visitbtown, and when you come to town, share your own photos with #visitbtown!
Follow along with what's happening on campus and the IU community through the Indiana Daily Student. The IDS is just as informative and impressive as when you were a student.
We look forward to seeing you back in Bloomington soon. Go Hoosiers!